Terms and Conditions – Private Hire
- Application – These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer acts on behalf of all passengers travelling on the vehicle(s). If the hirer is a company, group, or partnership, an individual must be named as the person responsible for all the passengers travelling. The hirer OR nominated person (hereinafter referred to as ‘the hirer’) will be responsible for the actions and decisions of each passenger on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not the hirer actually travels with the party. Express Bus (hereinafter referred to as ‘the company’) will accept instructions from the hirer. If the hirer is not travelling with the party, another representative must be chosen, and the company informed prior to the journey taking place.
- – Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and on the information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the company unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer, in which case the route will be clearly shown on the quotation. All quotations are given subject to the company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days – unless otherwise stated. Quotations are given for coach and driver only. Any additional charges will be separately identified and will be the hirer’s responsibility – unless otherwise specified.
- – The hirer cannot assume use of vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor for the vehicle to remain at the destination for the hirers use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
- – The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time than that agreed. The charges will be pro rata and in accordance with the formula advised on the booking confirmation. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at each departure time. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
- – The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to his driving hours or his duty time. If a breach occurs, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred, unless the breach is outside the control of the hirer. Any additional costs will be calculated as set out at condition 4.
- – The company will, at the time of booking, agree and specify the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity.
- – No animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company.
- – Written confirmation by the company is the only basis for acceptance of a hiring or for a subsequent alteration to it’s terms.
- – Any deposit requested must be paid by the first date stated, and payment in full must be made by the second date stated – before the start of the hire, unless otherwise agreed by the company. The company reserves the right to add interest by the rate of 2% compound interest per calendar month, after the date by which payment should have been made and any additional fee incurred to secure the payment.
- – If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge. The cost of accommodation, meals and entrance fees which have already been purchased by the company at the request of the hirer, will be charged in full to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company. Cancellation of coach hire due to inclement weather conditions will also be charged as set out below:
|COACH HIRE–DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
|10 days or more
|Loss of deposit / 10% of cost of hire
|15% of cost of hire
|25% of cost of hire
|50% of cost of hire
|Day of hire
|85% of cost of hire
|Arrival of coach at pick-up point
|100% of cost of hire
– In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event over which the company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the hirer taking any action to vary the agreed conditions unilaterally, the company may cancel the contract by returning all money paid by the hirer without further or other liability.
12. – The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge unless any extra seats are used in which case any additional pro rata charge will be made to the hire charge. The company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring subject to such substitutes being of at least equivalent quality.
13. – The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of a breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer then predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
– Where the company sub-contracts vehicles from other operators at the request of the hirer and where the company arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, entrance fees, admission tickets or any other services provided by another supplier, it does so as agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through the company shall, insofar as they are supplied to the hirer, be binding on the hirer as if he/she has directly contracted such services and the hirer shall indemnify the company against any loss, claim, damage or award in respect of a breach of supplier’s terms and conditions brought about by the hirer’s actions.
– All vehicles hired by the company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers’ property is carried. Large, bulky items may not be able to be carried, and the hirer should take all steps to notify the company in advance of such requirements. The company accepts any personal property of the hirer and passengers on the understanding that it will take reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. The hirer should notify the company or the driver if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the hirer’s responsibility to minimise risk of loss when property is left unattended.
– The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by the passenger for the duration of the hire. Where the hire is to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirements relating to alcohol and the conditions of entry to sporting events/public places.
– In the event of complaint about the company’s services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this avenue has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing and within 14 days of the termination date of hire.
18. – No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without written consent of the company.
– Other than a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose, food and drink may not be consumed on any vehicle without prior written consent from the company.
– In the event of breach of any of the above conditions will invalidate any claim for a refund.